One more week on the bunk beds
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
One more week
Not much to tell the last couple of days but thought I'd update.. Work is going smoothly, been pretty busy around the place with the rig sending a bunch of stuff away for repairs and receiving a lot of things as they're going for a job in April, so a lot of action with the cranes and stuff. Seen some ridiculous things done with crane loads to get them where they need to go, but management turns a blind eye.. I scored about $5000 worth of text books in pdf format today, gonna take me a million years to read it all but I'm sure a lot will come in handy for future. One of the americans on board also gave me all his gun magazines and I couldn't say no it was kinda awkward haha. I also talked to them about my stay in America (these guys are all southern) and mentioned I stayed on the east coast and my girlfriend goes to Smith. Needless to say they found that to be terrible news and had a lot of things to say about the "liberals" along the east coast, again it was a little awkward.. My boss visited the rig today as a surprise - glad we were on a busy day for him to see. We talked a bit of business and I proposed a few ideas I've come up with since doing this job and he seemed pretty impressed and interested in discussing them further when I get back on shore so I was happy.. anyways nothing else really, it's getting really repetitive out here and I'm ready to come back on land, only one more week to go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment